This award-winning video on the role of clergy and lay leaders in ending child abuse is a critical resource.
Hear Their Cries:
- Identifies and defines of physical, sexual and emotional abuse of children
- Provides stories of adult survivors
- Educates clergy and lay leaders on how to respond to child abuse
- Discussion of theological issues (forgiveness, confidentiality)
- Effective child abuse prevention strategies from a faith perspective
- How to respond to a victim's disclosure of abuse
Includes a 24-page study guide.
- Cindy Award, Intl. Association of Audiovisual Communicators
- Gabriel Award, National Catholic Association of Broadcasters and Communicators
- Gold Plaque Award, Chicago International Film and Video Festival
Total Length: 48 minutes
Also available as Streaming Video