THIS COURSE IS CLOSED FOR REGISTRATION.
We are offering another Buddhist Healthy Boundaries class that begins on October 12.
This online course is created specifically for Buddhist teachers and senior students of all lineages who reside in Europe.
Course Dates: September 14-October 16, 2020
Roshi Amy Tu Es Cela Hollowell and Sensei Michel Plein Ciel Oltheten
The course begins on September 14 and concludes with the last assignment due October 16, 2020. Weekly feedback between the instructors and students, along with online discussions with fellow classmates provide each student with an interactive and enriching learning environment.
Through the forum topic discussion, weekly assignments, video curriculum and lectures, you will gain and share knowledge and resources needed to understand the fundamentals and best practices around healthy and appropriate boundaries in spiritual teacher/student relationship; the impact of appropriate vs. inappropriate boundaries in promoting effective teaching; and guidelines for developing appropriate boundaries and necessary self-care strategies.
This updated course offers new material and three live online group discussions with the instructors via Zoom. These online meetings will take place on September 14, October 6, and October 16 at 5:30 pm CET. The conversations will be recorded for students who can't attend the live sessions.
Who Should Take This Course:
This course was created for those in positions of leadership/authority and who act as spiritual teachers or advisors to people in their community.
- You have received formal authorization or transmission in your Buddhist lineage to teach the Dharma; OR
- You have students of your own and you teach independently; OR
- You teach under the auspices of a senior/authorized teacher, (i.e. people look to you for spiritual guidance and education); OR
- You hold a position of spiritual authority or leadership within your sangha/community (i.e. you teach meditation, give practice advice and Dharma talks)
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Establish an informed and ethical foundation for an understanding of healthy boundaries
- Understand the importance of an awareness of power and vulnerability within teaching relationships
- Examine dating, friendships and dual relationships and the challenges therein
- Examine transference and touch boundaries in teaching relationships
- Consider best practices of responding to misconduct by spiritual teachers
- Consider the importance of self-care and peer support as preventive measures
The course consists of an initial live session during Week I and then five consecutive weeks of sessions that can be viewed on-demand self-paced, and a final writing assignment:
Fees and Registration: $300.00 USD
Scholarships are available only for White Plum teachers who require financial assistance. Please email email@example.com for more information. Those who receive a scholarship will need to register by contacting FaithTrust Institute at Learning@FaithTrustInstitute.org rather than this online registration site.