This series of role plays demonstrates Catholic, Protestant and Jewish clergy effectively addressing common religious issues raised by victims, survivors and abusers in situations of domestic violence (see video clip below). These training clips are designed to be used for audiences who have an understanding of the religious aspects of domestic violence (best used subsequent to Broken Vows).
WHAT DOES THIS RESOURCE OFFER?
A series of vignettes for training clergy on:
- Safety and healing for survivors
- Common religious issues raised by abused women
- Skills in pastoral counseling for survivors and abusers
- Accountability for abusers
- Theological Issues
- Referrals to community agencies
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Ministers, chaplains, seminary faculty
- Domestic violence programs for outreach to faith communities
- Seminaries to educate students for pastoral leadership
- Community groups and organizations addressing religion and domestic violence