This series of role plays demonstrates Catholic, Protestant and Jewish clergy effectively addressing common religious issues raised by victims, survivors and abusers in situations of domestic violence (see video clip below). This comprehensive training package is designed to be used for audiences who have an understanding of the religious aspects of domestic violence (best used subsequent to Broken Vows).
What Does This Resource Offer?
A series of vignettes for training clergy on:
- Safety and healing for survivors
- Common religious issues raised by abused women
- Skills in pastoral counseling for survivors and abusers
- Accountability for abusers
- Theological Issues
- Referrals to community agencies
Who Is This for?
- Ministers, chaplains, seminary faculty
- Domestic violence programs for outreach to faith communities
- Seminaries to educate students for pastoral leadership
- Community groups and organizations addressing religion and domestic violence
- Two-hour multifaith DVD series with eight training session vignettes
- Christian or Jewish training manual (please select preference when ordering)
- CD with masters of 33 handouts to be used in training
“Pastoral Care for Domestic Violence: Case Studies for Clergy offers invaluable aid to members of the clergy. These vignettes provide authentic responses from clergy who are faced with both survivors and abusers. FaithTrust Institute continues to be the standard bearer in the training of clergy and congregations around the issues of domestic violence and abuse.”
--Rabbi Ruth Alpers, B.C.C., Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion
"This powerful resource offers us clergy the chance to expand our knowledge on domestic violence and challenges us to examine and rethink our own views. It compels spiritual leaders to look more broadly at the ways we respond to victimized women and children, and to the men who violate them. Don't miss this unique opportunity!"
--Rev. Al Miles, Author, Domestic Violence: What Every Pastor Needs to Know