NEXT TRAINING: April 30-May 1, 2019
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (at the SpringHill Suites near O'Hare Airport)
Instructor: Rev. Lydia Mulkey and Emily Cohen, M.Div.
Description: This two-day in-person course focuses on "prevention" and will equip trainers to teach Healthy Boundaries 101 Fundamentals & 201 Beyond Basics. The course is designed for those who are designated by their judicatory or organization to train clergy and spiritual teachers about healthy boundaries. Whether new or experienced to this training assignment, participants in the course will deepen their own understanding of the issues, explore new challenges, and expand their options for training others.
- Prepare trainers to teach Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201 with practices for effective training.
- Analysis of emerging issues for healthy boundaries and ministry, e.g. social media.
- Review healthy boundaries fundamentals.
- Strengthen training skills to increase confidence in presenting this material.
Who Should Participate?
This course is recommended for experienced trainers and also thosewho have background in healthy boundaries and clergy misconduct topics; people who are training other faith leaders; those seeking a refresher or new material on boundaries.
Training Fee Includes:
Two-day in person classroon training
Teaching Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201 Kit:
Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201 Teacher's Guide (New)
Healthy Boundaries 101 Fundamentals Course Workbook (Revised)
Healthy Boundaries 201 Beyond Basics Course Workbook (New)
A Sacred Trust DVD
Teaching Exerpts DVD - teaching clips from A Sacred TrustandOnce You Cross the Line(New)
PowerPoint Modules used during classroom training. Topics include the joy of boundaries, theology and boundaries, power and vulnerability, internet technology, social media, finance, attraction, and self-care.
- $750 registration fee (early-bird registration until April 1)
- $850 registration fee (after April 1)
- Group discounts ($650 per person) are given to groups of 4 or more from the same congregation, organization, or conference/region. Call for more information.
Tuesday, April 30 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Wednesday, May 1 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
An agenda is issued upon registration.
TO PAY BY CHECK:
Before sending you payment, please contact FaithTrust Institute to ensure a spot is reserved for you. You can mail your payment (in US Dollars) made out to FaithTrust Institute at 2414 SW Andover St, Suite D208, Seattle, WA 98106 with a completed registration form, so we have your contact information.